Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Feeling Shimmy

I know, I reported in a previous post Going to the Doctors that I was feeling the bean. And as you recall, I recanted Follow up to the last post... stating it was just my intestines. I felt like an idiot because I am not a hypochondriac. I guess I was just excited. Well this is really it! I am feeling my baby on a semi-regular basis. Its usually when I am sitting down. Due to the tightness of my pants pushing on my stomach (I refuse to buy maternity yet) I can feel the bean much easier as if I were standing! This is such a great feeling and every time it happens I literally stop what I am doing and smile. Brian cant wait to be able to feel the bean. I am sure Owen will love it too. I am not rushing this pregnancy one bit because I remember with Owen how excited I was to meet him that I just wanted him out and once he was out I wanted him back in so I could feel him again. So this time I will savor every moment that I can have with Shimmy inside of me.

The explanation of the name Shimmy - Since we are not finding out what the sex is I have been trying to think of what to call the baby until we meet. I will not call that baby "it" because we are talking about a human. I think the baby has out grown the nick name "bean" or "seed". So instead of "him" or "she/her" I was saying "Shim". I didn't like the sound of that so I lengthened the name to "Shimmy". It may stick or it may not. If it does then great. If it doesn't then I will find something else.

1 comment:

nickyp said...

Heather you are too cute, it is good to see that you are enjoying your pregnancy. It is a blessing and you are treating it as just that. Glad you are feeling well.
Nicole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...