Friday, March 26, 2010

This is going to be a long day!

My day started at 2:00am. I was woken up by Owen and could not fall back asleep. I drifted in and out until waking up for good at 5:30 by Brian's alarm. I was tired from the day before having gotten up at 5am with Brian. I guess I will sleep someday. My plan is to try and get as much sleep tomorrow morning as I can. I don't see it happening but I don't have to get out of bed so I will try.

Well I thought I was being proactive throwing laundry in at 6:30am. I wanted to get a head start so I don't have to spend the weekend doing it. Well little did I know, my boy started hiding things in his pockets. That's right! He decided he would hide crayons in his school pants pocket. Well I do his laundry with mine. I was washing a load of dark's which included my 7 For All Mankind Jeans and a brand new Primp shirt. I didn't think it would be a problem as I do our laundry together all the time. However, I am not good a checking pockets before throwing clothes into the wash. So needless to say, the clothes were washed and put into the dryer. Well I get the clothes out of the dryer and to my surprise EVERYTHING IS GREEN!!!!! My heart dropped into my stomach and I was so mad. Not at Owen because its not his fault. Its not like he knew that would happen and all kids put things in their pockets. I was just so mad because its the one load that had two pair of Brian's work pants, my nice jeans and shirt and a few other things that I am not too worried about. What a wonderful start to the morning.

On the bright side...My anniversary is tomorrow! I am so happy to be celebrating with my love and his parents! We are going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We always have such a great time with them when we get together.

Owen will be starting T-Ball on April 10th. That is Opening day but the T-Ball kids are not playing that day, they just have to be there for Opening day ceremonies. I have to say, I am so excited for this to start. It will be so good for him and guess who his assistant coach is??? Moi! That's right, I will be assisting the coaches with "The Scrapers"! I am so happy to be able to be involved in this with him. I think I will be responsible for keeping all the 5 year olds in line. Meaning I will be making sure they aren't climbing the fences, throwing rocks, running into the field and disrupting other teams games. It should be fun.

We have to get Owen a glove and cleats. Brian wants to get him a bat too but I am thinking we should wait on that. I am not really even sure if he will be all that interested in this to begin with. So we will see about the bat.

This is going to be a great experience for he and I. I cant wait to see him in his little uniform.

So from now until mid to late May I am unavailable on the weekends. The schedule has not come out yet but they will be playing Mon, Fri, Sat and some Sundays. I dont want him to miss any games so we will not be planning on venturing out or should I say up to Bristol during that time. I hope we can bribe people to come down to us. Owen would be so excited to have family and friends see him play, as would I.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...