Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just a number

Is it just me do people judge others based on their age? I feel like I am looked at just a little bit differently because I am younger than most people in my position. I have been married for six years and have a five year old son. I have always been super sensitive about revealing my age to others. I know, people usually jump at the chance to tell others that they are only 28 but in my case I want to curl up in a ball under the table when age is brought up. I am probably crazy and people probably dont give it much thought but when I tell people how old I am they look at me, eyes wide, jaws dropped and say "Oh My God, you are only 28!!!". My red face responds with a quiet "yup, 28". Then come the questions. I should be proud of my age and all I have accomplished but instead I try to avoid the topic at all costs.

Its probably just me though. I have always been self concious when it comes to that. I feel like an outsider most times because I am always younger than everyone else. I know most people really dont care about it. I guess I think that I would feel a little funny about hanging out with an 18 year old and wonder what we would have in common. I feel like that is what others think about when they hear my age. They think, I am 10 years older than her, what could we possibly have in common.

Sometimes I wish I could read minds. I would just love to know what people think.

Well, I guess it doesnt really matter what people think. I am young, a mother, a wife, an aspiring photographer, a horrible cook, a procrastinator, a friend, a daughter, a niece, and an aunt. The list could go on and on. Oh yeah, and I am 28!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...