Friday, March 19, 2010

Fridays Make Me Smile

I feel so happy on a sunny Friday. I think that Fridays are my favorite day of the week. I don't know why because we still have to work and go to school but I just love them. Its the end of the work week. Lucky for me my weekend starts at 2pm on a Friday. So we have the rest of the evening to relax and have fun. We can slack on our routine a bit because there is no school tomorrow!! Now that its light out longer we can stay outside a bit longer, we can stay up a bit later and if we want, we can skip shower because its THE WEEKEND!!!! I think that's why I love Fridays. I always have. I have never been very productive on a Friday. Its OK, I don't think anyone is productive on Fridays.

I feel so giddy today. I cant explain it. It could be the weather, the little boy I have kicking inside of me, the fact that its the weekend. It could be any of those things. I just feel so happy today. I am not always this way. In fact last night I was sound asleep at 9pm because my head was pounding and I just wanted the day to be over.

Not today. It could be the 9.5 hours of sleep I got. Who knows!

We are struggling on narrowing down names for our boy. There are so many we are throwing around and none seem to fit. Its hard to pick one that we like. We are leaning towards an Irish name. Brian and Owen are both Irish names and since we are Irish we just thought it would be a good way to go. We have had a few that we really like over the past few months but they get thrown out after saying them too much. We dont want to go trendy with the name and yes, we are definitely testing it out based on how it sounds when we say it with Owen.

Of course I am asking Owens opinion but he has already gotten to choose the middle name. No matter what its going to be Daven. Owen made it up a while back. We asked him what he would name the baby if he could pick and that's what he said. I was confused because I had never heard the name before. I asked him if he meant David and he said no, Daven. I like it for a middle name and he is so happy he got to pick it. Its really special to me to allow him to be such a huge part of the whole naming process.

We have seen our first sign of jealousy. Wednesday after we found out we were on the phone off and on all night. Finally around bed time Owen said "why have you been on the phone all night talking about the baby?". My heart dropped into my stomach. I was on the phone at the time and Brian was ironing so Brian scooped him up and made sure that he knows just how important he is to us and that he will always be important to us. I hurried up my conversation and got off the phone. We didn't want to make too big a deal of it because I think the more attention he got from the comment the more often he would say things like that. But I also made sure he know how much I love him and that we are excited to tell everyone that he is going to be a big brother.

I am sure there will be plenty of jealousy when the baby comes. He has gone six years with us to ourselves. I will make it my mission to include him in everything I do with the baby. It will be such an adjustment for me to have to share my attention. I know the baby will need a lot of it but I will make it a point to slow down and explain everything I do to Owen so he can help. I hope that will help a little. It wont be easy but it can be done.

We will do plenty of Mommy and Owen things and I know Brian has plenty of things planned for his boy!

We look forward to this challenge and know we can do it and do it well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...