Thursday, February 11, 2010

Follow up to the last post...

I did hear the heart beat! It was faint and quick! The bean is healthy and its heart is beating.

I have to also correct my rant earlier...I was infact not feeling the bean move. That was my intestines. The heartbeat was 5 or 6 inches blow/to the left of where I am feeling. I guess I was just excited. Now I have to find out what is going on with my intestines and what I am feeling.

My ultrasound is scheduled for March 17th. That is the ultrasound where we can find out the sex if we choose to. We are not finding out but we are excited to see the bean and make sure everything is perfect.

I have to go this week or next for a gluclose test. Its not the same one as when you are 28 weeks. I have to go to the lab, drink a sugary drink then wait an hour and they will test my sugar. This is a preliminary test as I was diabetic with Owen. If it is negative I will be re-tested at 28 weeks. If it is positive I am assuming I will do just what I am doing now and that is watch my diet (minus the sneaking sweets here and there...that will be no more).

I also have to get my thyroid rechecked. I will get that done at 28 weeks as well. All in all my thyroid numbers are good there was just one level that was off.

I have gained 6 pounds total so far. I guess that is not bad. The nurse told me tons of people gain it all in the beginning and some gain it all in the end. I hope I gain steadily throughout and not all at once. I am working towards a total of 30 pounds. 20 less than last time. We will see if that happens.

So thats all...just thought I would follow up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...