Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Loss of sleep has begun

So I can honestly say sleep is not my friend. I have entered the stage in the pregnancy where sleep is minimal. I am getting more now than I will in a few months but its still rough. I cant seem to find a comfortable spot in my bed. If I lay on my back I feel like I am crushing the blood supply to my baby (all in my head but its what I read), if I lay on either side within 30 min my hips are aching. Never mind the 10 trips to the bathroom through out the night. And if I get up past 2am its a nightmare to get back to sleep. Sometimes I just lay there for an hour watching infomercials hoping to fall asleep. Then there is the achy back. When I get up after laying down for a while I feel like I am 90 years old when I get up. I honestly cant wait to get a comfortable sleep. I know that once this little guy graces us with his presence he will most likely have me up all night partying with him. So I will appreciate what sleep I am getting now and stop the complaining.

My mothers day was fabulous. It started with a bagel and coffee (from dunkin donuts) in bed and a homemade card from my boy. Owen really got it this year. I thank kindergarten for that. He came home from school Friday wanting to do everything for me because that's what you should do on Mothers Day. He wanted to do the dishes, laundry, sweep, mop, etc. I told him he didn't have to do that until Sunday but he insisted. I love my boy.

We spent the day lounging. We had a busy day/night on Saturday. We had a few visitors throughout the day and dog sat for the night. I was happy to lounge all day. Again, I hadn't got much sleep the night before so I took a nap on the couch while Brian and Owen watched a movie.

Brian made me chicken quesadillas per my request. Then we got ice cream sundaes from Friendly's. I don't know what it is with ice cream and this pregnancy but I crave it all the time. That will really pack on the pounds if I indulge every time.

I really loved the day. The weather was freezing so we cozied up under blankets and turned the heat on. I had other plans in mind for my day but that was just fine with me. I love cuddle time.

The count down is on - 2.5 weeks and counting until I am a FT SAHM. I cant wait. I need some relaxation time. I look forward to it. I have a list of projects to do this summer. We will see how much actually gets done. My first week of unemployment is quickly filling up with doctors appointments, visits with friends for special waxes and lunch, plenty of cleaning and I am sure I will find other things to do.

Which brings me to the next topic...cleaning. Can I just say how difficult it has been lately to get my house clean. I feel like I clean and clean and clean and turn around to a mess. I mop and they spill, I fold and they unfold, I pick up and they throw down. Yes, by them I mean Owen and Brian. Oh how much fun it will be to live with three boys!!!! I might as well throw out the idea of a clean house and nice things right now.

Our laundry in in the basement and if you have been to our house you know its 200 years old so just imagine the basement. I have to duck down to do laundry. Its about five feet high. I am 5' 7". Its not the most convenient situation. Never bothered me before. Now its not so easy. It kills my back and I wonder how it will even be possible the bigger I get. I am sure I will make it happen as we need clean clothes. Luckily my little man is willing and able to help.

I will have a clean house some day!!! I will be caught up on laundry some day!!!! I will, I will!!!

Ok, thats enough complaining from me. I am a crab today. To change it up a bit I will list happy thoughts:

  • its sunny out today

  • I get out of work an hour and ten minutes early today

  • I will go home and put on comfy clothes

  • we get groceries delivered today so our house will be full of yummy food



  • Thats all I can think of right now. Sad I know!

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...