Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy to be home!

So this past Friday was my last day of work. I am now officially a full-time stay-at-home-mom! I cant even believe its finally here. I feel so free. I have time to do the things I need to do. And the things I need get done do take much longer now that I have a three pound baby growing inside of me.

I kept saying all weekend to Brian and Owen how I forget that I am done with work and that I feel like i have to go in on Tuesday. Owen said to me "Don't worry mom, I will remind you every day that you don't have to go to work." I love my little helper. He really is a helper too. He insisted on mopping the floor yesterday. I was on a cleaning spree and it was hard for me to let go and allow him to do it his way. I walked away for a little bit so I wouldn't be hovering and when I came back simply congratulated him on how great of a job he did and left the floor as is. After all, I have the time to clean it when he is at school. He was happy he could help and I was happy he wanted too. Now if I could just let go a little easier that would be helpful.



When Owen was in pre-k his teachers would spray shaving cream all over a table and let the kids go to town. Owen has been asking me to do this at home for some time now. I didn't see why we couldn't pick up a can of shaving cream and play outside on the glass table. He was in heaven. What little boy would not be in heaven being allowed to make such a mess. Brian was home and didn't know what to make of it. He had never heard of it and wanted no part in it.

He started slowly. He was so excited but didn't want to show his excitement too much. here is is shy/happy/excited/trying to stay cool face.


Photobucket



Photobucket


Dad observing but staying far away

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Still not sure what to think

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Nope, Dad doesn't like this at all. Not one bit. Too much of a mess for him!!!

Photobucket


He did assist with the clean up a bit.

Photobucket


These pictures only show the half of it. I put the camera away for the rest of it. He ended up getting a little bit in his hair and that was it. he was covered head to toe in shaving cream. I stripped him outside and plopped him in the shower. Brian did help in hosing off the table and the yard. All in all it was a fun time had by all.

We got to finish up that day by taking a trip to the doctor and all three of us got to hear the baby's heartbeat. He is one healthy baby. The doctors office I go to is great. They usually let Owen find the heartbeat himself.

I love that they let him be so involved. I would have him in the delivery room with me if I didn't think it would be too much. I just don't want to 1.) Have him see me in pain, 2.) Have to worry about him getting into things while I am having contractions, 3.) He would be bored to death. I think we will just wait until we have the baby and call for him immediately after.



So I hope everyone has a great long weekend. My father is here from Florida. I am heading down to Niantic for the day to hang out with him. It should be fun. I love it down there!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...