Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Who needs to breathe anyway??

So for two weeks now I have not been able to breathe. My nose is stuffed and the stuff that comes out of it, well lets just say I have never seen anything like it. At first I thought I had a cold, then I thought maybe it is allergies.

I have diagnosed myself with Rhinitis of Pregnancy. According to many websites "higher amounts of estrogen during pregnancy can contribute to swelling in the mucous membranes lining the nose and even cause you to make more mucus. What's more, the amount of blood in your body increases and your blood vessels expand during pregnancy, which can lead to swollen nasal membranes as well. Other hormones may also play a role." babycenter.com.

This sounds fun. So here is where the complaints start. I will not only be hot, bloated, fat and miserable for the next seven weeks I will also be unable to breathe. This should be fun.

We dont have air condintioners in our house. There usually is no need for them. We hate air conditioned air and usually prefer fresh air, even if it is hot. Well not this year. I really want one in my room. This way I have some way to escape the hot, humid summer. Then when the baby comes I will have a nice place to sit and feed him. He wont be sweaty and stuck to me while he eats. Now I have to talk my husband into this. He really believes that we only need good fans (which we dont have). He says he doesnt believe in air conditioning. Well I do and will get one!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...