Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week In Review

So the last week of school is coming to an end. It is such an exciting time for us but I am feeling a little sad about it. My little kindergartner is no longer in kindergarten. He is going on to be a big first grader. I cant believe it. I am so proud of all he has accomplished this year. He is reading and writing like a champ! I have seen his progress throughout the year. It amazes me.

We started out the last week of school with Black Rock Day on Sunday, June 13. It was such a great day. The community we live in is very close and look forward to this day each year.

The day is started with a 5k road race in the morning. Brian was going to run it this year but his little excursion in Boston handicapped him and he spent the day before recovering. .

The they have a bed race. People build beds on wheels and race them down the street. It sounds like alot of fun. I have yet to see the bed race.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Then they have a parade. This year Owen was in the parade with his Tball team. We were torn because he also had the opportunity to walk with his school.

This was our float for the school:
Photobucket


He chose tball. Brian walked with him. I observed from the sidelines!

Photobucket


Photobucket


It was so fun for him to throw out candy at everyone. He really had a good time. Then it was onto the party in the park. They had all kinds of vendors from the area serving food and lots of activities for the kids. Our school had a popcorn stand and a bounce house. That is always a big hit.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Of course Owen loved the bounce house
Photobucket


Photobucket


It was a great day. We have all made some great friends here. I think this is a place we could see ourselves staying.

Photobucket


Photobucket




The final week of school started on Monday. They have had a pretty chill week. No homework, finishing up all their activities, sending home school work from the year. On Tuesday two of the kindergarten classes went to Captains Cove for the day. It was so great that I was able to go.

Photobucket


Photobucket


The kids got a chance to see and learn about all kinds of sea creatures. They had lots of questions.

Photobucket


Photobucket


After the presentation the kids got lunch
Photobucket

Then were treated to Ice Cream and a magic show. It was such a great day! They all had fun. On the way back from Captains Cove the teachers brought them to the park to run off some of the sugar they ate.

And if that wasnt enough, after school that day we went to the beach with some friends. I guess when its so nice out there is no where else to go but to the beach!! I can never move away from the beach.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


All in all its been a great week. One more day and the 2009-2010 school year is done!

This is going to be a fun summer! I can feel it. Pregnancy has not held me back from doing things with Owen. I hope it doesnt. I still have 8 weeks to go. I am slowing down a bit but not too much. We will see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...