Monday, February 21, 2011

Content

What makes one happy?

I often wonder. I know what makes me happy is my family.

For the first time in a long time I feel like I am right where I belong. I belong here, with my two beautiful boys and wonderful husband. Sometimes I think more money would make me happy but I know that no matter what I buy and no matter where I go it means nothing without my family behind me.

Brian and I have many conversations about what makes us happy and what we want out of life. I often wonder if I had taken a different path if I would be happier. The answer is no. I can not see myself anywhere but where I am right now. I have always wanted to me a mom and wife. I started young but am happy I did. I really don’t feel like I have missed out on anything. I get to go through life and all of its experiences with my husband and boys.

*********************

I am feeling sad these days. My baby is getting so big so fast. He is now six months, has two teeth, rolls all over the place, eats fruits and veggies and is almost sitting up. Why must they grow  so fast.  Before I know it he will be crawling. I know he wants to. I need time to stand still. Both Owen and Shane need to stop growing.

*********************

So much is going on in our lives. Between Owen and his social calendar, Brian and his job, Shane growing leaps and bounds, Me trying to make something out of a hobby and tons of things on the calendar in April my head is spinning.  My sister is getting married, my dear friend is getting married, there are friends having babies, and family celebrating birthdays.

Oh and did I mention that I am getting absolutely no sleep. So needless to say my head is absolutely spinning. But its all good. I have adjusted to the lack of sleep and am able to function just fine but only if its before 6:30pm because after that I am useless.

********************
This year I turn 30. I cant believe it. I feel good for turning 30 but my birthday is still 8 months away.  Just about everyone in my circle is turning 30 this year too. Its going to be a fun year!!!!! I cant wait.

********************

This is what we do when we are bored…


This pic is funny because Shane is looking at us like what the hell are you two dummies doing?

 ******************
Off to have some wine and relax!!!! Its FEB VACA BABY!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...