Sunday, August 8, 2010

Due Date!

Today is the day!!! Or not! This whole pregnancy I thought for sure that I would go early. Not happening. When it will happen I have no idea. I know that I only have two weeks left of this pregnancy. I am so eager to see my baby. I am so excited to hold him. I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore. I am beginning have pain all the time. According to the doctor, he is approx 8.5 - 9 lbs. Thats a big boy! He is killing my hips and back. Its time for him to come out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally have my rocking chair.

Photobucket

This chair has some history to it. Its something I am so proud to have. It will stay in our family for generations to come!

When I was born my dad and my aunt went out to get my mom a chair to rock me in. This is what they got. Looking at this chair brings back memories. When I was little I remember thinking that the top of it looks like a smiley face. I dont remember being rocked to sleep in this chair as I was so young but I love to hear the stories.

Years later my grandmother broke her hip and needed a firm chair to sit in. My parents gave her the rocker. She used it ever since. It was her chair. She never sat anywhere else.

She passed away a few years ago and my aunt told me she wanted me to have it. The only problem was that it was in FL and I am in CT. We needed to find a way to get it up here with out having to pay tons of money.

My dad had the answer, he is now retired and planned to drive up to CT for a month. He put the chair in his car and brought it up with him.

Having this chair in my house makes me feel warm. It makes me think of my grandmother. When I sit in this chair late at night, nursing my baby boy I will think of her and know she is with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We spent some of Owen birthday money (only half and saved the rest).

He and I went to Michaels craft store to pick up some craft items. I love to do crafts and so does he.

I picked up some popsicle sticks, paint and clay. I just think he loves to work with his hands especially if he can get them dirty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He did make an awesome cup but as soon as we told him he did a great job and how much we loved he got a little embarassed and broke it on purpose. In the end we didnt get much out of him but he had fun. I made him a plaque with his hand print and name. I put the date on the back.

Photobucket

So lets hope tonights the night. I am actually not hopeful at all. I will be shocked if it ever happens.

Happy anniversary to my mother-in-law and father-in-law, Deb and Dan Boissonneault!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...