Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday Morning Pancakes!

I had a little breakfast date with my eldest!!! We woke up and left Shane and Dad in bed.



I was making coffee and he looked at me and said "Mom, I would really love some pancakes, can you please make me some?". I just about melted the way he said that (and he knew it).

Try this recipe ...you will never eat box pancakes again!!! I promise!!

Buttermilk Pancakes
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1 TBS sugar
  • 1 TBS cooking oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Beat the egg and then add the buttermilk and soda.

Owen was at the table drawing and chatting away while I cooked the pancakes. It was really nice. We sat together and chatted some more while we ate our pancakes and drank our orange juice. It was so nice and something we havent done in a while.

I miss our mornings alone. Since Shane came my mornings are spent juggling.


************************************

Brian is finally back from Boston. We are all so glad he is back. We really missed him.

Shane has his six week check up on Tuesday. He will be seven weeks but thats ok. I really can not believe how fast this time has gone. Six weeks have flown by. My baby boy is smiling and really has so much to say. Since he hasnt figured out how to make the sounds with his mouth speaks with his hands and feet. The just start going!!! Its so cute!

*************************

Owen is doing swim club at school. He gets to get on a bus after school and go to the YMCA all by himself. Piece of cake for most kids but he has never done this before as we walk to school everyday. So this was a big deal.

My boy is getting bit. He tells me that he doesnt need me to walk him into the school anymore that I can stay outside. He can get to his class all by himself. I let him walk there by himself but I need to make sure he gets there so I walk in a few minutes later to check. I will let go some day!

So swimming is going well. He is a swimmer but not a strong one. He is more nervous and unsure of himself than anything. He started off in the group that swam by themselves. He told them he could do it. At least he tried. They soon realized he was not very strong. He had to go to another group.








HAPPY SATURDAY!!!! Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So great to see him in the water! He's gonna be a great swimmer! Tell him how proud Memere is of him! Love, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...