Saturday, February 14, 2009

Gotta love this economy!!!

So as it turns out, we are not moving to Boston in July, 2009 as planned. We have decided to stay put and ride out this economic tidal wave. Brian's company is having some trouble and has laid of 25% of their staff. After some long conversations with his boss and co-workers, and me of course we have decided it is safest for us to stay put for another year. Brian's job is safe here in NY so this is where we will stay. At first this was a very hard choice for us to make but the more we thought about it the more we thought how lucky we are to have jobs. There are so many people with out jobs who are losing everything they have. We are grateful to have a roof over our heads, food in our bellies and family all around us. It took me a day or two to come around. I was really excited for Boston and ready to settle down. It can wait another year. Who knows, in another year we may be ready to buy a condo or house. The economy may work in our favor. We shall see.

Owen had a Valentines day dance at school yesterday. He had a really great time. I work right around the corner so stopped in on my lunch break to see all the kids dancing, singing and just having fun. Surprisingly Owen was happy to have me there. He has already started the "my mom is a little embarrassing" thing so I surprised to see how excited he was.

I am still working my way into the photography world. Come spring time I will be stepping it up a notch. I am working on portfolio. I will be doing some "Spring Specials". If you know anyone that wants family photos send them my way.

Here are some pictures from Owen Valentines day party .


Stud Muffin


Handsome little man


Owen dancing with is friend Angela


Silly face


Owen dancing with his teacher.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...