Saturday, January 24, 2009

Time is flying by

It has been a little while since my last post. Not too much has happened that is very eventful. We are preparing for our move everyday. We have always put things off until the last minute. This time we want to be prepared. I guess its just part of growing up. I don't know.

I had conferences with Owens teachers. I left that conference on Cloud 9!!!! They had nothing but great things to say about him. I am going to take a second here and brag about my kid...

They said he is one of the smartest kids in the class. That when they review the lesson they did the day before he is the only one that knows everything they discussed. They are very pleased with how quickly he picks things up. If they had to rate him 1-10 they said he is a 10. The only area to work on is his level of frustration and anger but we are all working on that with him. I do notice he gets so aggravated so quickly with things and Brian, myself and his teachers are teaching him new techniques to avoid such anger.

I asked the teachers about any troubles they can foresee in kindergarten. They said the only thing we should work on is him being so fidgety and not paying attention when he needs to. Now we know he is paying attention as he remembers all the lesson plans but once he gets it he drifts off to lala land and gets distracted. Or if something is hard he wants to quit right away. He is only four so we have a long way to go with him. I see so much of myself in him and Brian see so much of himself in him. He really is a smart boy who will succeed in school! I am probably the proudest I have ever been in my life. That conference turned what was a rough start to the year into something great. I have so much to look forward to. So that's enough bragging for now...I just wanted to share that with you all. We are so proud.

I haven't really gotten anywhere with my photography. It has come to a stand still. I have not been pursuing it that much either. I try to take pictures here and there. I guess once we move I can really buckle down and work hard. I hope to become a 2nd shooter or assistant to a photographer out there. That would be great for me to learn the ropes. Right now it is a fun hobby, later down the road I want to make it my job, my life!

Here are some shots of Owen and Brian I took one night after bath...Owen was concentrating so hard on his laptop I just couldn't resist. Brian jumped in to assist and the photo op was there.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...