Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Little of This, Little of That

This is my favorite time of year. Fall is just around the corner which means, fall clothes, leaves changing, school starting, fires in the fireplace, holiday excitement, my birthday (big 3-0 this year) and so much more. 

I cant believe I am going to be 30. I am not bothered by this at all. In fact I cant wait for my thirties. Some people freak out but truth be told I am relieved to be turning 30. Most of my friends in my adult life have always been older than I am. I dont look at age as a number but more of a state of mind. 

I have always been older than I actually was. I got married young, had my first child young but I didnt look at it as I was too young to do those things. I was mentally ready to have a family at that time. I dont feel I missed out on my 20's. True, I didnt party every weekend, I didnt do girls trips annually but I did get to spend every waking moment with the love of my life, my best friend. Together we raised a beautiful young man. 

That being said, I have enjoyed my 20's tremendously but am looking forward to saying good bye as I anxiously await the next decade of my life. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labor Day weekend has passed. I am sorry to see the summer come to an end. What a great summer it was. My guys fished all summer. They camped, we beached it, tons of play dates, parties, and lots of family time. 

We spend our Labor day with family at my nephews 9th birthday. 

IMG_0161218

Owen loves his big cousin. They are so much alike and just so comfortable around each other. 

Try getting either of them to smile for a picture...IMPOSSIBLE

IMG_0135211

I have to do it when they are not looking

IMG_0207225

Shaney and Vicky are two peas in a pod. Vicky loves her baby cousin. She is amazing with him.

IMG_0128210

IMG_0138212

IMG_0140213

IMG_0145215

Great Grandma loves her boys!

IMG_0157216

And so patiently and calmly tries to get Owen to stop eating the frosting

IMG_0159217

IMG_0171219
(Joey and Owen are definitely related...no shirt or shoes EVER)

Brian had a blast too...he is a BIG kid

IMG_0186222

IMG_0182221

IMG_0187223

Someone got hurt so he needed daddy to console...he does that well

IMG_0201224

Grammy took some time to help put Shaney to sleep...she had the grandmother touch because he was out for well over an hour.

IMG_0216226

At the end of the day my kids were tired and dirty...as they should be. That to me says they had one hell of a time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Brother is mobile!!!



He just decided yesterday to take a stroll across the livingroom. 

IMG_0118209

IMG_0113208

Big Brother is a second grader!!!! 

IMG_0102207

He started school and loves it. He loves his teacher. This is going to be a good year!!!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...