Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Ago

Like most Americans I remember exactly where I was and who I was with on this day 10 years ago. I was working in an office, it was quiet and my co-worker turned to me and said, "wow, a plane just hit the World Trade Center".  I thought she was joking. We thought it was an accident. I called my mom who was home from having knee surgery. I told her to turn on the TV immediately. 

I spent the entire day on the phone with my family and friends, came home from work and spent the night in front of the television. I could not believe my eyes and ears. I could not believe what happened to our country.

It was a sad, sad day. You never realize how these things affect you. I was not there and did not know anyone there. Yet still, to this day I have such a heavy feeling in my heart any time I think about that day. 

As Brian and I sit here and watch the ceremonies that go on we both feel so emotional. I look at my babies, sit back and realize I am one lucky lady. I have a beautiful, healthy, safe family. I know many affected by that day have gone on with their lives as many do.  I hold a special place in my heart for each and every one of the people that lost their lives and their families on that sad day. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...